Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Swimming and Breathing: Pull, Kick, Breathe.


Reading and editing, sketching and coloring in the middle of the night, I'm immersed in nonstop words and pictures. Trying to stay healthy too, eat well, keep track of everything, take vitamins, do enough yoga, etc. I know it's all good, but sometimes I feel like I'm swimming underwater for miles without stopping. I have frog flippers and a special breathing apparatus so I can go for long distances without coming up for air. So determinedly I work, first in one area, then another, always trying not to forget anything for very long, hoping that one day soon all this vigilance will be rewarded with the gift I've been waiting so long to receive. Sometimes prayers are answered, sometimes it is not supposed to be. I can only ask and work and wait. And wait. And wait...

No comments: